Installing Power Pack

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fender5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
I want to install one of those Alpine or Clarion power packs behind my stock head unit. But what is the best way to install one without splicing into the factory wire?

I was thinking about doing this:

Amazon.com: Stereo Wire Harness OEM Toyota Tacoma 05 06 2005 2006 (car radio wiring installation parts): Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Metra 70-1761 Radio Wiring Harness For Toyota 87-Up Power 4 Speaker: Car Electronics

Use these two harnesses and not use my stock factory one. Does this work?

And then connect the amp's harness to these two.

i'm going to connect the power pack into the harnesses instead of my factory one. This is for a stock OEM radio.

I would have to splice the factory one correct?

it'll work so it looks like you'll be getting new speakers, OP.

I have heard and installed both the Alpine and Clarion. the alpine is very simple, i personally like the Clarion though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.