Installing new deck - Power wire question

Hi everyone,

I bought this new car deck, an Alpine MP3 player. While reading the instructions, something was funny with the notice they put in for the power wire.

They say I need to connect the yellow wire (wich has a 20A fuse on it and choke coil) directly to the battery.

The specs say the deck needs 14.4 v to operate and since Alpine has a "tinny amp" built into the deck it may need up to 17.2 v

So because of that, I have to pass a cable directly to my battery (bye-bye easy install right) ? Now, what would I need like kit to do that ? Hope it's not complicated ?

Thanks in advance.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Originally posted by thecheesypoofs Hi everyone,

I bought this new car deck, an Alpine MP3 player. While reading the instructions, something was funny with the notice they put in for the power wire.

They say I need to connect the yellow wire (wich has a 20A fuse on it and choke coil) directly to the battery.

The specs say the deck needs 14.4 v to operate and since Alpine has a "tinny amp" built into the deck it may need up to 17.2 v

So because of that, I have to pass a cable directly to my battery (bye-bye easy install right) ? Now, what would I need like kit to do that ? Hope it's not complicated ?

Thanks in advance.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
I don't think they mean to actually go to the battery. They mean the constant 12v wire in the harness. I don't know about that 17.2v, because you really can't get more than 14.4 out of your alternator(stock).

yep, I've seen the same instrustions in an alpine manual, they have the pictures of the battery and everything, but they mean the constant 12v power wire on ur wireing harness, and if they dont then it doesnt matter because it works neways!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.