Installing components with no deadener

Kfra315
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I think I'm finally gonna take the plunge and get some components. I'm sure I can install on the speakers and amp myself but the part I really dont want to do myself is installing the deadener and I dont have the funds for it right now anyway. I was considering a PG RSD component set with a cheap profile amp or something used off the classifieds. Would this setup sounds horrible without being deadened? My current setup is listed in my sig so you can so what I have to work with for my sub.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p1341/10415--Dynamat-Xtreme-Speaker-Kit.htm
if you can afford $20 then at least add deadener around the mids.

the better you deaden your doors the better your mids will sound

Agreed. But you can install the comps without any deadner and they will still sound fine. Im currently running the same PGs you mention, no deadner,and it sounds good, but just have not gotten around to fully deadnen my doors.

However, adding deadner will make them sound much better and help in the midrange and midbass dept.

I installed alpine 6.5" type r comps in my front with dynamat on the door inside and a piece of dynaxorb behind each speaker, sounds really nice. It sounded nice before the deadener but after it just sounds so clean even at like really high volumes. If its like low volume you won't notice it as much because there won't be much vibration although there will be road noise. If you have your speakers medium loud you'll hardly notice it because the speakers will cover up anything but once you get high they turn messy without it.

I'd do the comps first. They make more of a difference than the deadener. Unless you're gonna deaden the whole car but I doubt it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.