Installing AMP in stock Lex SC400

Participant count
  • Participant list

labtec

hey guys,

Car: Lex SC400 w/ stock nakamichi system and stock sub/amp

Want to install: TC-3000 w/ Hifonics BXi 1206D

I've installed HU before but am new to subwoofer/amp installs. I know how I'm going to pull the batt cable but am unsure how to wire the amp to my stock system. I know the common way to go is to steal the signal from the rear speakers but...since my car has a stock sub and amp, my rear speakers are hooked up with a stock crossover so no lows are going to the real speakers. Can someone help my as to how exactly to wire the amp. to my stock system? Wire digram would be nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif This is the only thing holding be back from installing the system myself.

thanks for the help, also what do you guys think of the equipment I'm putting in, I don't want to get a bigger amp b/c I'm gona stick with the stock alternator

Find a wiring diagram for your car and see where the wires are for the signal, power, ground, remote, etc for the stock subwoofer. My friend and I installed a Memphis MCD500 and Ascendant Audio Arsenal 12" into his RSX-S with Bose system and we got the signal from where the HU connects to the "subwoofer" amp at the spare tire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.