Installing a dash cam - recommended config?

Participant count
  • Participants list

goofy3785

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,

I am new to car electrical in general and I am planning on installing a front and rear dash cam to my car. The dash cam is a front and rear combo where the rear camera connects to the front dash cam over the center dash. I am planning on taking down the overhead lining of my 2011 honda civic and running the wire that way. The problem is that I have never done anything like this before and I am afraid that I'll rip or destroy something that I cannot repair. How hard is it to do this?

Also, is there a way to wire the dash cam so I don't have a dangling wire hanging from the center dash? Is there a way to power the dash cam through the wiring in the ceiling?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.