Installing 2 amps for the first time even could use advice

lot of peeps run 1 remote wire, i did it 8 yrs or so no problem, i suppose u could run 16ga instead of the thin 18-22ga wire..
A lot of people on here seem to do that. Its a small amount of current that has nothing to do with the size of the amp. There are small differences between head units and amps on this small circuit. It is not designed to handle much power.

Wire gauge is moot unless you are trying to run something really small that you are trying to floss that gap with, I have never seen any manufacturer provide anything smaller than 18awg, and that would be more than enough. My current head unit is rated at .4 amps max for the remote turn on.

Great TY! As long as it does not cause issues using it on two amps I may try it.
Dumb question maybe, does the remote turn on have to be an actual turn on cable? Can I jump it so I have only 1 running to my head unit from 2 amps?
You can run two amplifiers of a single remote wire on the 16-18ga wire.single wire from HU to one amplifier and a jumper from the forst amplifier to the 2nd amplifier without any issues. Ive ran as many as 3, of a single 16ga wire.Any more such as adding cooling fans ect of 4 units or more, its time to use a 30-40amp relay.In my Sig below of this install, Ive ran a total of 4, 30 amp relays to solve my needs.

I do not recommend running the 6 ch RCAs to two different amplifiers, as they will be in two different locations, and normally you will need to split two one set to reach the other amplifier and is almost impossible due to how they are made and intertwine/are twisted these days.It would work if amps are stacked on top of each other possibly like using a rack style install, and the RCA connections are on the same side and close to the same upon the stacked side. Better for that type of install or a 5 ch. amplifier. That is why I recommended either 3 sets of 2 ch, or 1 set of 4 ch and one set of 2ch for a 4 ch amplifier and a sub woofer amplifier, as more than likely they will be placed side by side and the both amplifier RCAs will be on the left or on the right and space will be in between,If stacked and same series amplifiers, the 6 ch RCAs will work just fine

I do not recommend running the 6 ch RCAs to two different amplifiers, as they will be in two different locations, and normally you will need to split two one set to reach the other amplifier and is almost impossible due to how they are made and intertwine/are twisted these days.It would work if amps are stacked on top of each other possibly like using a rack style install, and the RCA connections are on the same side and close to the same upon the stacked side. Better for that type of install or a 5 ch. amplifier. That is why I recommended either 3 sets of 2 ch, or 1 set of 4 ch and one set of 2ch for a 4 ch amplifier and a sub woofer amplifier, as more than likely they will be placed side by side and the both amplifier RCAs will be on the left or on the right and space will be in between,If stacked and same series amplifiers, the 6 ch RCAs will work just fine

Gonna use my basic amp kit 2 channel for the sub, and bought a pair of Fosgate twisted interconnect for the 4 channel.

Might be dumb question but is it ok to run the RCA cables on the same side of the car? I have the power running up the middle of the car with the remote turn on.

Gonna use my basic amp kit 2 channel for the sub, and bought a pair of Fosgate twisted interconnect for the 4 channel.
Might be dumb question but is it ok to run the RCA cables on the same side of the car? I have the power running up the middle of the car with the remote turn on.
Try to keep power wire away from RCA's if possible. This will prevent any audio interference/annoying noises once your done and later on down the road.

do the big 3

run a 4 gauge OFC wire to a distro block by where your amps will be. run a 4-8 gauge wire to each amp (you're at low power levels, run 0 gauge main wire from the front if you plan on upgrading). run the remote wire next to the power wire, or use the 9th conductor in the 9 wire conductor i mention below

run 6 channels of RCAs to your amps on the opposite side

run a 9 wire conductor from your headunit speaker wires to the rear where your 4 channel is. run the subs wiring to the sub amp.

that's it..

using 2 different wires which is what he was asking
No...making comments I did that 8 years ago makes no sense. Makes it sound like your not sure if your able to do it again or not. I ran 2 ohms 10 yrs ago. Yay big deal.

No...making comments I did that 8 years ago makes no sense. Makes it sound like your not sure if your able to do it again or not. I ran 2 ohms 10 yrs ago. Yay big deal.
i said i did it for 8 yrs no problems................. and i still have just 1 remote wire because i only have 1 amp now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.