Installation pricing?

I guess I'm just going to keep looking for an independent installer. I don't mind paying 4-600 but 800+ just seems ridiculous for what I'm looking for.
Keep in mind if you have a shop do it they have things like insurance so if your car burns down and you had "your installer guy" from craigslist do it, you got nothing to go back on ? Or when things stop working will you be able to find him again. If you got an old vehicle maybe not a problem but with a new vehicle will "your installer guy" pay for anything that gets jacked up on your car if mistakes are made ? You have a nice list of stuff going in I think you would be better off with the shop. I mean really to save two hundred bucks it may end up costing you lots more in the long run. IMHO.

They won't hire you seeing as the many threads/questions you ask on here.

To get a job at a shop, means you have to know what your doing and provide pics of what you've done.

They won't hire you seeing as the many threads/questions you ask on here.
To get a job at a shop, means you have to know what your doing and provide pics of what you've done.
yeah and it's because of everything I ask on here that I know enough to work at a shop lol. I've seen some terrible installs come out of shops dude... My friends that go and get their stuff done at a shop have their gains way too high, wires showing, subwoofers loose, etc... Hell the SA-12 I bought from a guy just last week he had it installed at a shop and I looked at it and it only had one voice coil wired! A lot of the time I think I have a lot to learn in order to get paid as an installer, but then I see the work that shops do...

Your right. Some shops are complete noobs.

Others are phenomenal. Just have to pinpoint and keep in mind which are the good ones and which aren't.

Your right. Some shops are complete noobs.
Others are phenomenal. Just have to pinpoint and keep in mind which are the good ones and which aren't.
About 2 years ago I applied to work at a shop. They have one by me and one like an hour from me. They hired me but said they needed me to go to the one that's an hour away so I had to say no. But I did get the job! And that was before I had ever built a box lol

Shops here in phx charge crazy money one quoted me 3000 for a box and install, i supply equipment. I could only laugh. Found a nice shop today thats going to do it for 1000 but will take 7-10 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shops here in phx charge crazy money one quoted me 3000 for a box and install, i supply equipment. I could only laugh. Found a nice shop today thats going to do it for 1000 but will take 7-10 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well, I have the box already. The only thing I may have them do is cover it. So it would just be an install and EQing a pair of active speakers and tweeters. As I did my first install myself, I couldn't believe the prices but if thats what it costs, thats what it costs. I thought the price gap would be larger between a shop and a private installer, but with the way it's looking I will just keep looking through shops. THe one that quoted me at $100 an hour is supposedly top 50 in the country, so I may go with them just to be on the safe side.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.