Installation pricing?

My system has the alpine upgrade. I'm looking to have all of this installed upon release of the DSR-1 (spring 2017). On top of the install, I need EQ tuning of the dsr1 because I'm rubbing active. Anything listed under parts list are items I already have.

My parts list includes:

36 cubic feet of Stinger Roadkill Deadener. Will be used for Front doors and parts of cargo area.

1 FSD 2600.1 monoblock amp

2 XFL 12s in custom box.

1 Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge wiring kit

2 Crescendo 6.5 speakers for the front door.

2 6x9 to 6.5 MDF convertors for front door.

2 STS-1 tweeters

2 Universal Backstraps for tweeter install

1 Knukonceptz 4 gauge wiring kit.

1 Soundstream TN4 900.4 4-channel amplifier

50' 12 gauge speaker wire

Kinetik Blu 1800 AGM battery

2 250a fuses and fuse holders

1 stinger battery isolator relay

30' 2/0 welding wire for big 3 upgrade and cargo battery install.

Waiting until release for:

Rockford Fosgate DSR-1 Processor

A shop quoted me at $100 an hour for labor. A tech I found on Craigslist estimates it'll take a shop 6-8 hours for the entire install. He said he would charge $800 and it would take him around 12 hours. I know prices per region are different, so if it helps I'm in PA. I just wanted to see if ballpark this seemed right.

I must be lucky to have a beast @as shop. Big 3 install,2 amps and a 2nd batt 144$ little bro had two pwx8s in the doors up front 7.5s in the rear two amp installs as a custom box and was out for under 500$

But for real give it a try your self. The first time can be frustrations but once you do it yourself you'll have more pride in it and save a sh|t ton of money. If you get stuck YouTube,google, and here should be able to help you out. I'm all for supporting shops but what heepend when u get another car? Then shop all over again when if you gave it a go yourself you'd know for the next one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif just my .02

$100/hr for car audio labor? Jeeeeeezuuus.

To overhaul a transmission -- maybe.

To run wires and install speakers, that is unbelievable IMO.

You must live in the best market for car audio in the country.

Box and two amps installed at altimate auto in bay city was 350$

Get shops need to make money but d@mm it man

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Was for two sa 10s though

$100/hr for car audio labor? Jeeeeeezuuus.
To overhaul a transmission -- maybe.

To run wires and install speakers, that is unbelievable IMO.

You must live in the best market for car audio in the country.
It's because it's all my parts. I already have everything I listed (apart from the processor because its not released) So everything is purely for labor. $100 an hour at the shop, and a guy on Craig's list said $800 for the entire job. I can't argue with the shop price. That I understand since I'm bringing all my own parts. I was more asking about the time it's going to take for the shop. I was wondering about the price quote from the independent installer.

I must be lucky to have a beast @as shop. Big 3 install,2 amps and a 2nd batt 144$ little bro had two pwx8s in the doors up front 7.5s in the rear two amp installs as a custom box and was out for under 500$
But for real give it a try your self. The first time can be frustrations but once you do it yourself you'll have more pride in it and save a sh|t ton of money. If you get stuck YouTube,google, and here should be able to help you out. I'm all for supporting shops but what heepend when u get another car? Then shop all over again when if you gave it a go yourself you'd know for the next one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif just my .02
I did my first install myself in my impala. It was shoddy at best but it worked for the better part of 2 years. I don't have (nor do I have experience with) soldering equipment. I was looking to have a pro do it just because of new/nice the car is, and all the extra features the car has. It didn't seem worth it to deal with, but at $800 I'm rethinking it all.

Yeah I got a new 07 trailblazer (new to me) and scared of some of the features. My advice is take your time and just when you get stuck ask here for advice. Also is free to shop around. My first few boxes ****** @ss but each one gets better. Just research research research and did I mention research lol. No such thing as a dumb question less you post ends with

John kuthe........

For real though I'm saying do what you can and if you get stuck then pay someone if needed.

It's because it's all my parts. I already have everything I listed (apart from the processor because its not released) So everything is purely for labor. $100 an hour at the shop, and a guy on Craig's list said $800 for the entire job. I can't argue with the shop price. That I understand since I'm bringing all my own parts. I was more asking about the time it's going to take for the shop. I was wondering about the price quote from the independent installer.
The top shop here in St Louis MO is JML and they will not even do anything with customer purchased equipment! I had already bought a bunch of equipment and they would not talk to me. So I saw an ad on Craigslist and met whom I call my "installer guy" and paid him to do my install.

John Kuthe...

My system has the alpine upgrade. I'm looking to have all of this installed upon release of the DSR-1 (spring 2017). On top of the install, I need EQ tuning of the dsr1 because I'm rubbing active. Anything listed under parts list are items I already have.

My parts list includes:

36 cubic feet of Stinger Roadkill Deadener. Will be used for Front doors and parts of cargo area.

1 FSD 2600.1 monoblock amp

2 XFL 12s in custom box.

1 Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge wiring kit

2 Crescendo 6.5 speakers for the front door.

2 6x9 to 6.5 MDF convertors for front door.

2 STS-1 tweeters

2 Universal Backstraps for tweeter install

1 Knukonceptz 4 gauge wiring kit.

1 Soundstream TN4 900.4 4-channel amplifier

50' 12 gauge speaker wire

Kinetik Blu 1800 AGM battery

2 250a fuses and fuse holders

1 stinger battery isolator relay

30' 2/0 welding wire for big 3 upgrade and cargo battery install.

Waiting until release for:

Rockford Fosgate DSR-1 Processor

A shop quoted me at $100 an hour for labor. A tech I found on Craigslist estimates it'll take a shop 6-8 hours for the entire install. He said he would charge $800 and it would take him around 12 hours. I know prices per region are different, so if it helps I'm in PA. I just wanted to see if ballpark this seemed right.
Prob the same person John Kuthe used haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.