Installation Help For Alpine 7894!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

M325M

Hey guys, I just purchased an Alpine 7894. I'm pretty excited to replace my old and weak sony deck. I have a question though, when installing the Alpine 7894, I heard you have to run a seperate 8 guage wire to the battery. Is that true, or can you get by without it? I heard if you don't run a wire to the battery, the lights on the deck will dim everytime the bass hits. Can anyone give me any firsthand experience here? Thanks!!

the average car stereo fuse is 10amps, which means it will blow out when pumping anything over 120 watts. i have a pioneer deh-525 with a claimed 40 or so watts, my lights dim a little but that's ok.

the reason theysay to run it to the battery is because the wires for the stereo in your car are very tiny compared to the amplifier wires and they may have difficulty delivering the high current which might cause a voltage drop and t here fore dimming, running it to the battery with a big wire will eliminate going through all them tiny fuse box wires, i personally wouldnt use anything over 50 watts for the car's wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.