Installation Checklist?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vipervenom18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Earth
Ok,

Most of you know my substage is having issues. Refer to this thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263318

Anyways, I plan on selling the TC1000s and getting a pair of Fi SSds. This is not just to cover up a problem if there is one, but I should have done this in the first place given my restrictions.

I have installed many stereos, all have been fine, nothing ever blown, I know how to set gains, install clean wiring/grounds EQing etc etc, so pretend I'm not a retard even though it sure does sound like it.

I am just gathering a "to do" list in order to rule out ANY possibilities with my install that could cause my issue. I mean, having to have the gains ALL the way up in order to reach anywhere near the TC1000s xmax to a Lil John song is wrong. I'd even say the HU gains are up for the SW output as well.

This is with a "rated at 1500 watts" amp.

-I've looked at the grounds (same ground the comp amp is connected to, which by the way, works amazingly, these comps scream)

-No voltage drops, lights don't even dim on hard hits (interior dome light does, but I've always had that issue, haha).

-All HU settings have been checked 3243554264 times.

-Enclosure is sealed properly (sealed over it again).

What should I troubleshoot as well? I'd be really amazed if it was just the subwoofers themselves due to the enclosure they are temporarily in. I mean heck, I've seem some messed up installs (proportionately) that don't even run into this issue.

I'd say all sounds "decent" besides having to turn every gain up to an insane amount to get "power" to the subs.

I've also checked wiring inside the sub: Both subs are in phase.

Here is how I wired it:

I need a 2 ohm load for max power on the amp. Both subwoofers are SVC 4 ohm. So I just wired the subs to their corresponding speaker terminals on the enclosure (two terminals on the enclosure - one for each sub)

Then on the outside of the enclosure I "jumper cabled" both negatives together and positives together. Then from the amp I connected the amps negative and positive to one terminals negative and positive.

I am not sure if I worded that best... Make sense?

when i say this i mean it will all *due* respect cause im sure you tested it..

but you sure you have your xover on the amp set on low pass instead of high pass?

when i say this i mean it will all respect cause im sure you tested it..
but you sure you have your xover on the amp set on low pass instead of high pass?
Don't worry, I don't take that as disrespect. And yes, they are set correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.