Considering SPL Set up.

Vipervenom18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Earth
Hey guys,

I am considering gathering information on my best possibilities if I go towards a SPL (75% SPL - 25% SQ) set up.

I am leaning towards a full SQ set up (here is a thread I made with my current set up, where if I do go pure SQ - which I am leaning towards - I set my mind on the Dayton Reference HO 12 inch subwoofer. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263607)

I have 1cf net to work with per sub, sealed. I have a clean 1200 watts to work with.

I was wondering what subwoofers would work best with these restrictions (inefficient, I know) if I wanted to get as loud as possible WITH what I have to work with.

My last two set ups have been SQL oriented, where the ones before that were pure SQ, and considering how much I love my Comps (get loud and sound freaking awesome doing it) I'd also like to see if there were any matches out there to match them in SPL (SQL).

If options are not too good, I'm going to stick with the HOs for SQ.

I'm just looking to see if there are options out there so I can thus decide what route I'd like to take.

As always: Thanks in advance!

I'm confused, you said you want to gather info for an spl setup

than you said you're leaning towards a full sq setup

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Sorry, pulled an all nighter last night for classes, and I guess it has got the best of me.

As of now I am leaning towards SQ (as the last thread consisted of) but am looking to see what I can do (suggestions) towards an SPL orientation as I am possibly interested in going that route if there are good suggestions/possibilities. Or if there are none, then I'll stick with the SQ set-up, which this thread is for; in order to find out if there are any options.

Some have referred me to the Fi SSd. Is 1cf too small? (Even though .8 is the smallest Fi recommends)? - Given 600 watts per sub give or take.

So far still considering the SSd or AV12 (If John still has any left... I'll call him tomorrow).

That's all I got for the price range so far.

Thanks for the recommendation. I am thinking of a SQL orientation now. I'm really digging the Fi SSd's for my set up.

I am however thinking of getting more power. I guess my D1500.2 puts out around 1100 watts rms (although I hear its underrated and puts out more around 1200, who knows)

My Mmats amps is expensive, and I think if I sell it (its in perfect condition and have used it for about a month) I can get another solid amp that has a much better bang for buck (as well as adding 100 dollars to whatever I get the Mmats for.)

Any recommendations now on the best quality (bang for buck) amp I can get for around 400 bucks? I just read that my Amps Tested Power is rated at 1500 watts... However maybe some of you guys can call BS on that or not.

Thanks.

I'm really restricted to 1cf each, I don't have much room in my Camaro. I COULD go larger, but I don't want to. I'm thinking the SSd's would work for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.