Infrasonic Filter / Sound Processor Recommendations for Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Subnet

Canada
hi all, i've got a kenwood 7205 amp (doesn't have an infrasonic/subsonic filter) and am just getting ready to purchase some kicker solo-baric 15" subs, does anyone have recommendations for a 25hz filter (or variable) or a sound processor of some sort with an spf filter to put in place? preferably it would be on the cheaper side, but not at the expense of crappy sound quality.

with the online research i've done i came up with the following options that have an infrasonic / subsonic filter, any comments?

outdated - hard to find with no easily available replacements yet have the features i'm interested in:

phoenix bass cube gold

maxx bass

current - readily available, potential replacements to the above:

maxx sonics

hifonics bx-pro2 / bxi-pro2

hifonics mx-3

hifonics hdbr

audio control epicenter - will modify the bass frequencies, can order a variety of subsonic filter range plug-ins. i would prefer to stay out of processor that is changing frequencies however lots of people are recommending it so it's worth mention/consideration.

there's of course also the harrison labs fmod which is strictly an infrasonic hpf however i am hearing mixed reviews on its quality many say it's crappy and i don't want to put something into place that's going to muddy anything up.

am i missing any that are better around the same price range (e.g. $200 or less) that i should consider, or do you have comments on any of the above that you have used yourself with a decent 12" or 15" stereo sub system?

i'm leaning towards the mx-3 as it is reasonably priced, has an adjustable infrasonic filter, parametric variable band/width.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.