Infinity Kappas?

when is the last time you ever saw infinity in the sq lanes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

oh wait never //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok you say they have clean crisp highs a mic says otherwise

if they were as good as you say everyone would use em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i understand what you were saying as well just not the way you said it.

ok you say they have clean crisp highs a mic says otherwiseif they were as good as you say everyone would use em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i understand what you were saying as well just not the way you said it.

so what other speakers are better for under 80 bucks??

prolly none

but where can u get the kappa for 80? for 100 or so their are a handfull that will ass rape them

hell the dkg116 6.5 coax are all over the web for under 80 and they will easily outdo them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

harsh tweeters are never good "SQ"

see page 1 for link but..thats what i paid.. under 80 bucks , coulda paid 65 with free shipping on ebay, but i had some store credit i needed to use up with sonicelctronix

and yeah im sure their are a handfull thats over a 100 dollars, thats why i said compare a speaker with the same price that can outdo it or sound better lol, but u say the mb quarts are better?

I would actually agree on one point: Kappa's Tweets are actually a little high pitched and makes it sound like the treble has a lisp, the reference series actually have a better SQ than the Kappa in that area but not much better..

But personally, I prefer !JBL over Infinity, even though they share alot of the same core designs on some of their products, for some reason or another JBL always always comes out on top compared to its little sister company.. and IS always at both SPL, and SQ, and if I recall, JBL has always been in at least top 3 in SQ events.. and has achieved highest scores and gained their bragging rights.. I personally would choose JBL over Infinity.. oh wait I did lol..

As far as Focal, I compaired a model from each of compairable spec's and the focal sounded flat, had a little more bass quality to them than the infinity but lacked the upper hz... all infinity models lack bass.. Ive never had an issue with the mid bass unless the eq slop is poorly configured.. so idk..

In my opinion the Infinity was the better buy...

the JBL i would agree with to a point but not infinity ever.

the mbquart are still better dollar for dollar and can be had for 80 or less all over.

you may even find some bostons at that price range as well.

I've used Kappas before but then replaced them with some References that my brother gave me. Refs sound so much better. Would like to hear some of those green Kappas though.

I used to run Kappa comps and coax and never liked the harsh, shrill sounding tweeters. They lacked midbass big time too.
That was my experience with the Kappa 6x8s that I ran in my Rustang. Ear bleeding highs, distorted mids, and NO midbass thump. I am saving them for if I ever return my car to "stock!":p:

Sadly, those Kappas came highly recommended on the rustang forums. From that experience alone, I learned that most ordinary car guys don't know jack about audio.

ETA: Don't believe the hype about Kappas being 2 ohm either. Here's why:

Infinity.jpg

the kappa 6x9 3 way 07-09 models are badd and price is decent.I ran two pairs on a MTX 7804 and it handle the 150RMS each channel well and got loud and crispy for highs. Overall i would buy more if i bought anymore vehicles to run them in just because its performance and price. The 6.5" and below Speakers are ok but the 6.5" Perfects are badd from hearing experience and price isn't as badd for the Perfects as well

i jsut took out some infinity kappas 6x8 ( 682.7 ) ran off my candance txa 3004.. i put in the ppi's 365... the infinitys got way lounder... infintys highs were alittle to brite but i could eq them in to sounding pretty good... now i had to bridge the ppi's to get them were they are close to being as loud.. But.. i can see the fuses in the cross overs turning red when the whole band is rocking hard.. the ppi's do sound good and are not destorting and seem like they take the power good other then i can tell it is going to melt the fuse.... i can see me buying new speakers soon... i like loud good sounding music

i don't like kappas. I was impressed though to see that they switched to silk tweeters. But still no fan of infinity. But if listening to best buy employees about car audio is what your into go for it.

there is no way they have better SQ than Focal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.