Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1s or...

Participant count
  • Participant list

k.bean
10+ year member

Jupiter
*After writing this I noticed I got pretty long winded in providing background information so I'm just going to throw my question out right now and then you can refer to the below paragraph if you need more specifics.

Would it be better for me to return my Perfect 12.1s and pick up 2 Assassins or a similiar woofer?

So this is my first adventure in subwoofer land. I upgraded the head unit, door speakers, and put some 6x9s on the rear deck of my Honda about 4 months ago and they all sound great, but now I am looking to add some more thump to my set up. Crutchfield was having a sale so I picked up two Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1s. I saw alot of good reviews on Crutchfield itself and I've both heard and experienced good things from Infinity/Harmon so I figured this would be a sound investment and was worried that the sale would be ending soon i jumped on the deal. Now, after discovering this forum and doing a little more research about them, it seems that they might not quite satisfy me(supposedly have a rather low SPL). I'm basically looking for a solid mix of SQ and SPL, if that makes sense. I want to bump, but I want it to sound glorious at the same time. I have been reading good things about the Assassins, which I can pick up for basically the same price I paid for my Perfects. I have not installed the Perfects yet because I haven't decided on an amp. I do however have a dual sealed box with about 1-1.2cubes for each sub. Since the subs are still packaged (I only briefly took them out to give them a look over to make sure there was nothing broken) would it be smarter for me to take advantage of Crutchfield's free 30-day return policy and buy some Assassins? Or are there any other subs (around the same price range of $100 per sub) that I would like better for a solid mix of SQ and SPL? I'm also on a bit of a budget for an amp, but can probably afford something putting out around 300 watts per sub (what I was planning to run the perfects at). So the sub will need to fit these parameters as close as possible,

-12"

-sealed box volume of about 1cube

-sounds good powered with 300 WRMS

Nah... you'll enjoy the 12.1's a lot. A buddy of mine has them and loves them. Put them in a nice box and you'll be set. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm picking up 3 10.1's on boxing day. I'll probably just use 1 sub and keep 2 sealed in box.. lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.