Infinity kappa or Polk db coaxial

these are pretty common brands, you should be able to go down to your local Circuit City and listen for yourself...I know I've heard these, but it's been a while so I can't remember specifics.

I have the Kappa 652.5i and I'm not overly impressed with them. Their low end stinks, but that may very well be the fault of the install. I also would prefer a softer high, I wish I had gone with a silk tweeter. I think they'd sound a lot better in kick panels if you have that option.

Well, you can get a set of the infinity perfect 6.1's for about 220... I have those and they have very good highs, mids, midbass is lacking a little bit but it's a 6 1/2 woofer. When I compared the polks and infinitys side by side I liked the infinitys better. They also have an insanely good warrenty :)

used to run a pair of 63.5i's off head unit power then 75 rms, pretty good speakers if you like sharp highs from CMMD tweets (i think it read some kind of ceramic/titanium). they have extremely poor low end though and i couldnt stand to listen to them without my sub bumping along.

then again, i havent heard any coaxial/component speaker set up that i would enjoy nearly as much without sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.