In this thread come in and laugh at me:(

visitor

Banned
IOWA
Fuck im dumb:( As some of you know, i got a few broken in shipping m5 spl woofers.. so i tore em down, with the intention of making them 18's plans changed, so i decide to use 15's.. so i think to myself "hey, i have some SEXY pearl white baskets that would be PERFECT for this driver... so i spent all day yesterday prepping the basket, putting mesh in the vents (im an extreme detail freak) glueing/bolting (with threadlocker of course) the basket down to the motor... simple enough, im stoked. im ready to order my recones.. but wait a second.. SOMETHING tells me to check and see if the old softparts work with this basket (its a 12 spoke, im thinking.. it should work) i drop the parts down in the motor and.... ****IT, ****IT, ****IT. come to find out that the m5 15's use an 8.5" spider.. my baskets are standard baskets and use 8" spiders. **** i ****:( what would YOU do? get new baskets and the m5 softparts (which are TOP NOTCH, and i love) or go somewehre else to sourse parts, and go from there? pics if you care...

m5007.jpg

m5006.jpg

m5005.jpg

m5004.jpg

m5003.jpg

m5002.jpg

m5001.jpg

I also looked closely at the 2 motors (one was a 12, one a 15) and noted there are minor differences in the motor as well.. (kudos to mark for striving to improve) nothign that SHOULD affect t/s's much, but we will see when they are built!

anyway.. question is this- would you get new baskets and m5 recone, or spend more time and map out EXACTLY what i want in parts and do that?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.