• Thread starter CrazyB1
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 798
    Participant count
  • Participant list
C

CrazyB1

alright two sony 10inch subs 600 watt capacity i need to know what i need to get those 600 watts of thump.i want to at least run a 400 watt amp for each but i need to know what enclosure would be better a ported or bandpass and if it would be good to run a crossover.and im on a budget so i need the best of the cheap.

Some more info is necessary:

What type of vehicle will this be going into? How much of a budget? Is there a decent head unit that will be driving the amps?

The loudest box you can build will usually be a bandpass box. They give up a little on the quality of the sound, but they have a tendancy to boom really good if you are listening to stuff like nelly or good techno bass.

There is really no need for two amps to power your two subs, get a decent mono amp and that should give you more than enough power. Budget equipment I would look into is JBL, Crossfire, Kicker Impulse, Kenwood.

Don't get totally caugh-up with the "I must have 600 watts or else" thinking, find a shop that has those sonys and listen to a variety of amps and find the one that you like the best. I can pretty much promise you that if you got a real amp and gave those speakers 600 watts each, you would let the magic smoke out in no time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.