***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

You guys will see... I mentioned this in another thread already. As soon as the classifieds are broken up into separate categories, you'll be getting much less exposure for your items and it's hard enough to sell shit as it is. Whenever I venture over to CACO, I do very little browsing just because of the way it's set up. It's annoying. There's probably some sweet kit over there but I don't have the patience to see it all because everything's so convoluted. If you're really looking for something so specific, just place a WTB ad. Simple. There's been plenty of times that I was looking for something specific in CA.com's classifieds when I came across something completely different and bought that instead. That's not likely to happen in a sectioned classifieds. Just my two cents, I realize I'm the minority.

You guys will see... I mentioned this in another thread already. As soon as the classifieds are broken up into separate categories, you'll be getting much less exposure for your items and it's hard enough to sell shit as it is. Whenever I venture over to CACO, I do very little browsing just because of the way it's set up. It's annoying. There's probably some sweet kit over there but I don't have the patience to see it all because everything's so convoluted. If you're really looking for something so specific, just place a WTB ad. Simple. There's been plenty of times that I was looking for something specific in CA.com's classifieds when I came across something completely different and bought that instead. That's not likely to happen in a sectioned classifieds. Just my two cents, I realize I'm the minority.
goob mentioned earlier in here if it changes it'll be kept simple, not broken down so much like caco.

h/u

speakers/sub

amps

electrical

misc.

....that wouldnt be too bad..I dont bother w/ caco....its way too specific & makes browsing annoying.

CLASSIFIEDS

car audio section:

FS:

h/u & sound processors (eq, xover, etc)

amplifiers

speakers

subwoofers

electrical (wire, distros, fuses, batts, rca, etc)

misc. (broken items, acc., deadener, tools, enclosures, decals, shirts, etc)

WTB Section:

everything

WTT Section:

everything

non-related section

items not related to car audio
I like. Anyone else?

I like. Anyone else?
So a few of the people that jumped ship while you've been "improving" things on this site, come over from the site they've been frequenting instead (because it was having temporary problems), start bitching about the layout, and you fold? Just like that? Weaksauce.
Why not leave well enough alone? You've had the opportunity to reference CACO's template for some time and never made mention of changing things on your own accord. Should any of us just start a poll thread everytime we want something from you, that way you can see your pretty new graphics in action? Every time you make an "improvement", long-time members drop off and you get a flood of amateurs chiming in trying to "help" each other. I've been here the whole time watching it happen and you should be embarrassed. Don't you miss the userbase you had, even when the blackouts were nearly unbearable? I do. The ratio of bots to real members was much better, that's for sure. Change can be a great thing when necessary but familiarity is what keeps people around. Are you picking up what I'm laying down?

Since you feel the need to cater to your new and improved userbase, you might as well lump speakers and subwoofers together. Otherwise, it's like saying vehicles and Toyotas. A subwoofer is a speaker. Actually, I prefer the term drivers, or transducers, but we need to keep things simple for the mass of newbsauce we now have. A category for things that send signals, things that amplify signals, things that produce soundwaves, things that connect and feed it all, and all the rest. So like Bob Saget said above;

Heads/Processors

Amplifiers

Speakers

Electrical

Miscellaneous

Bollucks. Bring back DBFan187, Johnny Drama, Randy Savage, ngsm13, Squeak(?), whoeverthefuckelse, and revive this dying pile. They weren't even nice to me most of the time but I came back everyday to see what was next. Now I nod off when browsing the place because it's a better option than spoon-feeding lazy children who can't figure out how to use Google. Barely a stimulating audio conversation floats by, any longer. Hard to believe I've been able to sell anything since the changeover, truthfully.

Fuggin' ultrawatts and twenty stiff stacked spiders baby!!!!!!!!! She be bangin', wangin', and flexin' y'all. Check it, nuqqa.

Speakers going hammer. Bammer, bammer, bammer.

^^^This is your new representation, hope you like it. Go ahead, make one of these newbs a mod. Johnny Law needs some company.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

administrator

Administrator
Little man on campus
administrator
33 Thomas St.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies