• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 718
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I really don't know what to do, maybe someone can help me make up my mind, here's the thing:

i have teo 12 inch rockford subs, in a sealed box, they're 8 ohms each and i have 2 amps an Alpine 3552 4 ch and a jensen ka 2000 2 ch. right now they are pluged, bridged to two of the alpines outs (in parallel). now, i have no idea of what the alpines specs are, if anyone knows, please help. and i was wondering if id rather conect the subs, also in parallel to the jensen, bridged, of course, since the jensen has bass bost, 6db i think, wich might help. Either way i know i need a bigger amp, but this is only temporary, til y put some money together for a kick ass amp, and throw away the jensen.

another thing, parallel conections get less impedance than serial, right, or hows and how do i conect the subs in series.

thanks a lot

With two 8 ohm subs you shouldn't have to worry about wiring them in series. wire them in parallel and bridge the Jensen amp. This will achieve 4 ohm bridged load on the amp. The Jensen should be stable at 4 ohms bridged (or 2 ohms stable). Don't quote me on the Alpine specs but my educated guess is 35 watts rms X 4 channels or about 120 rms X 2 channels. Go to Alpines web site and search for that model number. Another general way to determine out put would be to multiply 14.4 by how many amps the fuses are in the Alpine amp and then subtract 55% from that number. For example - 2 20 amp fuses=40 amp draw. Multiplied by 14.4 (Alpine's voltage rating for power output) and subtract 55% (general efficiancy percentage) = 260 watts total output. Again this is a very general number.

After you put both of them in witch one sounded better? Jensen is not as good a the other but they sound very good for the price and would put them up agenst most mid-price amps.

After you put both of them in witch one sounded better? Jensen is not as good a the other but they sound very good for the price and would put them up agenst most mid-price amps.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

well... the jensen had a little bit more power, about 10 or 20 watts more form what i heard, but the alpine has definetly much more quality, so i stuck with the alpine, still thinking about the new amp though....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.