Immediatly popped ANL fuse, why?

stephens30228
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Okay, last night I decided to finally swap out my AQ2200 for my SAZ-3000. Like always I just disconnected the positive battery terminal and changed them over, when i went to put the terminal back on the battery I found out that the terminal wasn't getting a good connection so I swapped terminals. After about a hour I finally got it swapped everything hooked up, but as soon as I connected the battery the ANL fuse blew. The ground and all was good before, what could cause this?

Its a 2003 Ford Explorer if that helps, and it did arc a good bit while trying to fit the new terminal on the post. The fuse was a 300amp. Thank you.

Are power and ground flipped in amp
Yeah it was flipped, I forgot my black was power and red was ground. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Will that fry an amp or is that what the fuse is for? :-S

A 300amp fuse allows quite a bit more current than 300amps before it pops I bet the amp has some damage be real careful upon re-powering the amp it could turn out real bad. If its toast and you want to sell it hit me up and we can discuss it.

Not always amps can pop and not emit smell depends what popped resisitors just pop no smell as well as other items like the driver card now caps they release the magic smoke.

Depends on the amp and situation. I will admit, I did it the first time on my DC 2.0k, realized I was a dumb fuck, flipped it back, and it's been fine ever since. Not a single problem. But others haven't been so lucky. All you can do at this point is fire it up and see what it does. If it blows because of what you did, then you just have to chalk it up as a mistake you'll never make again, and fix the problem you caused.

I've done it too... On a $900 4k none the less. Scared the **** out of me. But never had a problem afterwards. Hope the same to you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.