Image Dynamics

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
Is anyone running these anymore these days? i saw that the IDMAX 15's are 500 each on amazon which seems a tad high, but from what i recall, they were pretty awesome woofers back in the day. Has the market just moved on and they havent kept with the times price wise or are they still good enough to warrant the price?

I wont touch anything ID that is post Eric Stevens era. It's like buying a German luxury car made in China.
They are still made in the US. Q and up.

This Q is better then my old V2. Much better.

They said they won’t change anything and not to expect and new versions.

I'm running 2 IDQ 10's and a set of CXS64's passive. I still have some eq'ing to do but I really enjoy the set up. Gets plenty loud and sounds great. For the subs and components I spent roughly 400-450 bnib

This sealed Q will bounce the windshield from the trunk with the seats up on about 750. Or 500 depending on how the Zapco’s next dyno does.
i guess i didnt pay attention to your sig well enough. how long have you been running and IDQ sub for?

They are still made in the US. Q and up. This Q is better then my old V2. Much better.

They said they won’t change anything and not to expect and new versions.
You're certain about that? They just look like so many other drivers, Arc and NVX subs with the same baskets come to mind. I assumed those were Chinese but admittedly haven't payed close attention.
Still, hard to go wrong with Image Dynamics. Many good experiences with the older stuff.

If you're enjoying the Q as much as you are, you might consider the NVX XQW drivers made by SBA. I recently installed a pair of the 12" for a family member and they were phenomenal. Much better build quality than the Q, very clean looking. Cast baskets, shorting rings in the motor... lots of clean stroke.

No idea why they are marketing them as shallow drivers. FWIW --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NVX-XQW124-400W-12-X-Series-Shallow-Mount-Dual-4-Ohm-Subwoofers/362323914613?hash=item545c302f75:g:ag4AAOSwruVa~1gq

You're certain about that? They just look like so many other drivers, Arc and NVX subs with the same baskets come to mind. I assumed those were Chinese but admittedly haven't payed close attention.
Still, hard to go wrong with Image Dynamics. Many good experiences with the older stuff.

If you're enjoying the Q as much as you are, you might consider the NVX XQW drivers made by SBA. I recently installed a pair of the 12" for a family member and they were phenomenal. Much better build quality than the Q, very clean looking. Cast baskets, shorting rings in the motor... lots of clean stroke.

No idea why they are marketing them as shallow drivers. FWIW --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NVX-XQW124-400W-12-X-Series-Shallow-Mount-Dual-4-Ohm-Subwoofers/362323914613?hash=item545c302f75:g:ag4AAOSwruVa~1gq
Yeah. The Q and Max are still built or assembled here.

I almost got the NVX. I think if I swap again it will be the shiva. I needed a big sealed box woofer to easily fit the install.

Tall and wide.

Yeah. The Q and Max are still built or assembled here. I almost got the NVX. I think if I swap again it will be the shiva. I needed a big sealed box woofer to easily fit the install.

Tall and wide.
Good to know, I just assumed China. I may have to grab a 15" Q at the low prices I'm seeing.
Can't really go wrong with any of those drivers you've listed, and big sealed always sounds good to my ears.

You can get a 15 Q from Sonic for $183.99 shipped. I am not a fan of how they operate now but there's always big coupons to use for a good discount.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.