Image Dynamics CTX65CS

As long as the crossover does it job without phasing problem and the speakers aren't bottoming and it sound clean then it's fine. I had to put my high pass at 120 hz with my old ctd coz they were bottoming with 3x rated power. They smell a little on young jeezy songs, but hey jeezy is in another class, it's almost like playing bass sweep

Anyway you'll notice when thney don't feel fine, odors never lies :p

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Power doesn't blow speakers, distortion does. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

So yes, typically you are safe running double the power to a speaker, just watch your gains.

I will be running my CTX65's off 150rms@4 ohms each, and Eric Stevens (owner of ID) says that will work great. They will be fine.

ID has their own forum, it's a great source of information on anything you want to do. And their tech guys and Eric Stevens both will answer your questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Also, horsemanwill is a IDaholic, he knows their stuff in and out.

i mean for the price these speakers are supposed to be the best right? i did alot of reading and am hearing rave reviews about these... i found them real cheap at http://www.audio-n-more.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CTX65CS&Category_Code=IMSPKis this place reliable anyone use them before?

i'll say it again cus i've said it before audio-n-more isn't an Id dealer their are multiple posts on here about them not even having stock. they do the bait and switch. woofersetc.com is the only authorized online dealer.

i'll say it again cus i've said it before audio-n-more isn't an Id dealer their are multiple posts on here about them not even having stock. they do the bait and switch. woofersetc.com is the only authorized online dealer.
I am ShaneB and I approve this message.

horsemanwill knows his ID...

yep but subs notes are dynamics too,
same thing with component....

I know they aren't getting 300watt at all time, but i mainly listen to rap and those big bass note need a lot of power, this is where the power goes.

I'm not listening to 1k sine wave all day long, but the speakers are set so they are getting 300 watt RMS. Power goes under most of the time, but it can also go higher for a fraction of second, isn't its?

Just for fun when i was setting my subs with dmm, my voltage need to be at 48volt. Then, i put hypnotize from jeezy and still checking the voltage, it goes up to 60, but only for a short burst...

In the end, they'll take anyting from 100 to 300, but there is a BIG difference in the output, midbass in particular
No. You don't understand what I was saying at all. Yes, sub 80 hz is dynamic also.

Speakers will barely ever even go over 100 watts, let alone 300, when set at 300 RMS. It is not subs at all, where they are set at 1200 RMS and they receive 500-1000 often.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.