Image Dynamics CTX65CS

they look nice, i'll be installing mine once they get here :p

I think you should aim for more power... just headroom in case //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif something around 150wx2

I bridged my Alpine MRPF450 for my ID CTX65CS's, They are rated at 100w rms, Im running 125w rms to them and with my amp bridged like it is it can deliver upto 200w rms x2.

I bridged my Alpine MRPF450 for my ID CTX65CS's, They are rated at 100w rms, Im running 125w rms to them and with my amp bridged like it is it can deliver upto 200w rms x2.
have you tried it with 150watt rms+ or do you stay at 125 because they don't want more?

from what i've read audio-n-save isn't really reliable... they just don't have those in stock since few months... they might have gotten some more tough

i've been powering them up to 300watt each, not for a long time but they didn't smell. The midbass isn't there unless you got a LOT of power... i woudln't even try at 100 watt. Maybe they just need broken time... but at low level, there is no midbass at all.

then why are they rated at 100w
Music is dynamic. It isn't like powering subs at all. The guy who is powering his speakers with a 300 watt to each side, they probably rarely even see over 100 watts to each side. Only rarely at peaks. I'm sure helotaxi or audioholic can get on here and give you a much more knowledgeable answer, that is the basics of what I know though.

yep but subs notes are dynamics too,

same thing with component....

I know they aren't getting 300watt at all time, but i mainly listen to rap and those big bass note need a lot of power, this is where the power goes.

I'm not listening to 1k sine wave all day long, but the speakers are set so they are getting 300 watt RMS. Power goes under most of the time, but it can also go higher for a fraction of second, isn't its?

Just for fun when i was setting my subs with dmm, my voltage need to be at 48volt. Then, i put hypnotize from jeezy and still checking the voltage, it goes up to 60, but only for a short burst...

In the end, they'll take anyting from 100 to 300, but there is a BIG difference in the output, midbass in particular

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.