Image Dynamics CTX

infinitys lack major midbass they sound like PA speakers to me. my understandin though, is that IDs are a very good speaker when it comes to SQ too. you can also look into polk, boston, mb quart, JBL

jbls anygood?

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7987/P6462--JBL-4"-x-6"-2way-Power-Series-Plate-Speakers.htm

might just get them and let ya know, hell jbls description makes em sound good lmao

4" x 6" 2-Way Plate Loudspeaker with Plus One HCL Woofer Cone and high-bandwidth edge-driven textile dome tweeter

HCL woofer cone - This breakthrough material consists of two woven glass fiber layers with an epoxy-coated Nomex honeycomb core. This cone delivers on what is claimed by many and achieved by few. It is exceptionally stiff, yet lightweight. The benefits of which are increased efficiency, exceptional midrange clarity and lower distortion at high output levels.

Oversized voice coils and spider integrated tinsel leads - The P6462 features a voice coil larger that what is found on competing models of the same size. This larger voice coil increases power handling while minimizing distortion. The spider integrated tinsel leads greatly enhance reliability and eliminate audible tinsel lead slap.

Plus One (patent pending) woofer cones - The P6462 uses a cone with more surface area than competiing models of the same size. The benefit is increased bass output and increased efficiency.

Computer-optimized voice-matched passive crossover- The P6462 comes equipped with an outboard crossover that has been voice-matched to ensure optimium imaging, clairty and detail.

High-bandwidth edge-driven textile dome tweeters - These are not commonly used miniature cone tweeters, but full edge-driven domes like those found in high end home audio loudspeakers. The benefits of this full edge-driven topology are reduced distortion at high output levels and superior integration with the mid/woofer. The P6462 also features a tweeter level control which allows the tweeter output level to match personal preference and mounting location.

True Four Ohms— All Power Series speakers feature two ohm voice coils. Original factory-installed speaker wiring in many cars is 18-22 gauge. This wire, and heating in the voice coil when power is applied, increase the impedance “seen” by the amplifier or head unit. The impedance of Power Series has been adjusted to compensate for this increase and can be safely driven by any head unit.

me having that same car just one year newer i'll tell you know that a 4x6 won't give u any midbass not even a comp set one. if your handy with some tools you have room at the bottom of the door to fit a 6.5" speaker. you could go to a junk yard find one with some speaker grills and use that to cover it and it'll look factory.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.