Image Dynamics CSX64 / CSX64 V.2 - Good? Loud?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Intense Rep.
10+ year member

Hi All,

Just looking to get a few opinions and comments regarding Image Dynamics CSX64 and XS65 speakers.

In my region where I live (Australia) I am having a little trouble comparing these speakers in person. So I cannot compare these speakers to any other in person.

I have 150rms per speaker to work with, they will be set up for front stage. so basically are these a great sounding speaker for $360( CSX65 ) $480 ( XS 65 ) ? (Providing I buy from woofers etc) are they a loud speaker? And is these any other speaker brands I should look into for this price range?

Any help or assistance is much appreciated,

Cheers.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

to quote Eric Stevens' from ID about the cxs v2

"There are many changes. and they are quite different cosmetically.

In very simple terms they are very much like a ferrite version of the XS series. They utilize the same basket (Black color), surround, spider and cone design with different materials used for the cone, glass fiber rather than nomex.

They are available as component sets as well. In the component set they have a very similar crossover to the XS and the XS28 28mm silk dome tweeter.

They are a detailed and efficient component just like before with a little more warmth in the mid bass and a more laid back sound when compared to the XS component sets"

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I stated the wrong to speakers, I meant to state the Image Dynamics CSX64 and the XS 65. However I am pretty certain I will run with the Image Dynamics CX65 now.

So are the XS65 worth $480 from woofers etc? Does anyone know any other sites/ places that may be able to sell them cheaper?

My previous set were Hertz HSK 165, Do people think the Image Dynamics will leave these for dead?

Thanks again for all comments.

I heard a set of the ID XS comps run off an Xtant amp in a sq set up and they had to be some of the cleanest most detailed comps i have ever listed to besides the older Focal Utipia 165w's.

I am currently running the DynAudio system 242 and before that the ID CSX62's. The ONLY reason i didnt get another set was my friend that owned a shop was dropping Dyn and wanted to get rid of all his stock. I basically got my Dyns for close to the price of the CSX's.

I have never been into SPL or really loud music. My ID's produced music that was warm and mellow (not harsh at high volume) with a nice mid bass roll off, while still having the punch needed to close the gap that the sub doesnt fill. I ran my ID off a Alpine MRV-354 (i think that was the model #). That amp gave them about 80W per side and they could take much more (clean pwr) easily.

The only other set that i have liked as much as the ID are the JL C5's (currently in the wifeys TL). Give them a listen if u can. The CSX and C5's should be about the same price. If u decide on either u will be very happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.