Im kinda new and looking to get a single 10" L5. Help with amp anyone?

devonlada
10+ year member

concord
Hey, i just got an audiobahn aw1051t a while ago, all installed at the place and stuff, with a Boss r335 amp. I know better now as ive heard pretty bad things about these cheap boss amps, ive been looking to upgrade my sub and amp. Im getting a single kicker L5 10" dual 2ohm so i can wire it for a 4ohm load to my amp. Does anyone have any suggestions on an amp without going over $130? i was thinking about a rockford fosgate 401S punch, to get quality 400rms @ 4ohms. BTW - whats the difference between the 401S and the 400S? they seem the same to me.. but yeah - any suggestions for other amps?

i would be careful with rockford amps. i had a rockford 551s it was totally fine for about 6 months and suddenly out of the blue the fuse blow up. i didnt think much of it, so i replaced the fuse and it was all cool again. but then like two days later it started to smoke and it just died. my warrenty wasn't any good cause i dont have the Receipt. im not sure what happend. but i did open it up and noticed that the board was still in good shape, and wasn't burned at all. only a couple caps fried. it most likely wont happen to you, but i would keep the receipt just in case.

maybe you should go with a us acoustics amp? ive heard wonders about them.

thanks man.. btw whats the difference between the 401s and the 400s? because the 400s is considerably cheaper than the 401, but claims to have the exact same power.

I have an amp thatll push that sub and

then some. i had it pushin 2 10's and a

15..currently my friend has it in his truck

wit 2 12s a 10 and a 15 on it and his truck

sounds bad as hell. its a jensen 400x4ch

bridgeable. 150obo and its yours....well..

of course you also arrange how u get it..

thanx ryde, the zeb is awesome... i never even knew it existed. looks pretty cheap for good quality tho... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The profile CL600M puts out exactly 450 watts X 1 @ 2ohm... so i could just get a 4ohm DVC kicker L5 10" and it would be powered perfectly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but is profile a trusted name in amplifiers? ive never heard much about them

Do a search on here and you will see MANY MANY people trust them. They put out what they say, nothing more, nothing less. Everyone on here said they were quality pieces so I ordered the CA640 and the CA600M. I just got one in and it looks pretty nice.

And about thezeb.com, I love that place. No tax and free shipping is my kind of thing. Plus they beat any advertised online price. They ship real quick too.

i dunno are you sure about profile amps? ive read some reviews on sites like epinions.com and people say theyre made of the same kinda junk that lanzars and pyles are made of.

**** this is confusing... everyone has their own opinions about the same products/brands...some good, some bad. is there any solid amp i could get that would power a ten-inch L5 around its 400-450 rms? i know profile was recomended earlier, but ive heard theyre cheezy, the USacoustics amps were also recomended. Does anyone have any other advice? itd be greatly appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah i didnt realize you could search this site like that, thats cool tho, i guess i just didnt look. but it DOES seem like profiles give good bang for the buck, which is exactly what i want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i also noticed the bass boost on a lot of the profiles are only 0 to +/- 12 db, compared to most amps, even my current BOSS amp, which has " +/- 18 db" bass boost.. Will this really make a difference when powering a single kicker L5 10" ?

PS: What's better? the Profile CL600 or the CA600?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.