im deciding on which brand of amp to get and save money

which amp would u guys recommend: Boss C450 2 channel or ma audio m300xe 2 chan. or power acoustik Ps2-820 or lt980. and if i have 2 svc subs can i have 2 ohms on a 2 channel amp?
If the SVC subs in question have a single 2 Ohm coil then you can run each to one channel of a 2 channel amp and those channels be outputting their rated 2 Ohm stereo output.

You can also bridge a 2 channel amp to a single, mono channel but this method generally requires no lower than 4 Ohms nominal load being presented to the amp. Again, if you have a pair (2) of SVC subs and each respective sub has a 2 Ohm coil you can wire these in series to a 4 Ohm load and run them with a bridged 2-channel amp.

Either option is going to require those single coils each be 2 Ohms nominal.

Edit: What SVC subwoofers are we talking about, exactly? If they are SVC 4 Ohm subs (as I suspect they are) would 150 watts each be enough to drive 'em? If so have a look here and scroll down to the 440SX. 150w X 2 mono bridged for only $47 + shipping with a valid factory warranty. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

boss=crap **** dont ever buy anything from them

ma audio=alright stuff but its always overrated

power acoustik=also make alright stuff, a little overrated but the best out of these 3 brands

what power are you looking for? you might want to check out profile amps

boss=crap **** dont ever buy anything from themma audio=alright stuff but its always overrated

power acoustik=also make alright stuff, a little overrated but the best out of these 3 brands

what power are you looking for? you might want to check out profile amps
You and I are on the same page, springy. See my above edit ^^^ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

alright well the sub i want is the pioneer ts w306 and it is 4 ohms and all the amps i look at put out more at a 2 ohms load so what if i get two of those subs but in dual voice coil?? can i have a 2ohm load then???? just lettin yall kno im kinda new at this stuff so if i sound ignorant my bad

i looked at the wiring options on rockford fosgate.com and found out that if i have 2 svc 4ohm subs then i can wire it to bring a 2 ohm load to the amp. Will this work with a 2 channel amp?????? please help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.