I'm an idiot! Running my H/U power and acc wires

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sdrolan

I've installed a new head unit without using a harness adaptor. Where should I run the new H/U's power wire and acc wires? Battery, fuse box ???? I grounded to the side wall under the dash and ran the remote to the two amps in the back. The first time around I used the original wire harness from the truck. Had major popping when turning on and off.

I've installed a new head unit without using a harness adaptor. Where should I run the new H/U's power wire and acc wires? Battery, fuse box ???? I grounded to the side wall under the dash and ran the remote to the two amps in the back. The first time around I used the original wire harness from the truck. Had major popping when turning on and off.
There should be a red, yellow, black wire and assorted speaker wires coming of the harness, the yellow one is your constant power (12V battery), the red is the ignition wire (this powers when the key turns in the ignition), the black is ground. Look here for diagram.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.