Illusion Audio Is Back In Business!

I'm seeing LM-6's pop up.. The Luccent series 6" mid-bass's... Very very interesting! Can't find much for reviews on them, but considering them...

Looks like for a mid, the front-mounted driver would be problematic, but then again, it's getting stuffed with some care in a car-door.

Any opinions on the LM-6's specifically???

DJMan, are those the ones you picked up on diyma? The blue poly-cones?

I'm seeing LM-6's pop up.. The Luccent series 6" mid-bass's... Very very interesting! Can't find much for reviews on them, but considering them...
Looks like for a mid, the front-mounted driver would be problematic, but then again, it's getting stuffed with some care in a car-door.

I got me the same. Prices are going up by about a 100$ in a few months due to cost of materials. So try and pick them up now while its in stock.

yep, blueish-green. JNTAR thinks they perform much better in the mids than the Poly's did.

Hey cool! I used to know the owner as they were local years and years ago.. hell about 8 years ago! Now looks like they are based in the UK.

I did a lot of testing on the nd8 back then, was a good little driver and an even better midbass. Also messed with the 10's and 12's a lot as I had them free for testing when only the carbon series was available.. Not my favs overall but quite impressive at the time for how thin they were and the SQ was very good. But push them 1% to hard and it was chaos sounding. "cough... oz audio 250 & 300L's sounded much better side by side..... hahaha"

The one illusion product that really made me smile was there carbon 15". That was one hell of a driver. Sounded very different than the 10 & 12" model and I usually am never a fan of 15's. But that sucker was a diamond in the rough.

On thing that just came to mind as it has been so long, was mechanical noise... I remember when pushed I could hear them working quite hard.

From memory, the 10's and 12's running a single driver just did not have enough output capability and I am no bass head. I would get them just were they sounded good and could not push them any further. I never got to try any in pairs or trios but I am sure they would really shine in a multi sub setup. The 15 was a perfect balance of output and sq.

Super sweet yo! haha Hope they make it this time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

1zenlunatic

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
1zenlunatic
Livermore(bay area) CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date