IDQ 6" midbass or midrange driver???

umm... they're not subs.. if the IDQ8 are midbass why would the 6" be a sub?

i'm thinking that the 10" is a sub, 8" a midbass, and 6" a midrange. well, this is what i'm hoping.

ID doesn't have the spec sheet for them, so im hoping someone might know.

yeah, i called ID and they said that they are practically midbass and midrange drivers, but they would work better with horns because horns can play lower than tweeters and because the IDQ6s shine more on the lower frequencies. i just hope they'll play well up to 2-2.5khz with my NX-30s.

yeah, i called ID and they said that they are practically midbass and midrange drivers, but they would work better with horns because horns can play lower than tweeters and because the IDQ6s shine more on the lower frequencies. i just hope they'll play well up to 2-2.5khz with my NX-30s.
me too. how much you pay for em?

Speaking from personal experience, the IDQ-6 is not good for midrange which is why Image Dynamics had them packaged in horn component sets since horns will play much lower than your typical tweet. The IDQ series except the IDQ 5 are subs but just happen to excel at midbass. Some of you may remember the original Kicker Comp series, same story (subs that played excellent mid bass) You will have a gap in the sound along with a lower than ideal stage if you try to match the IDQ-6 with your NX-30 tweets. They simply will not play midrange frequencies well at all IMO, which is why they made the CXS series. I learned that the hard way. The CXS is the perfect mate for the NX-30 tweet. Another good contender for ideal matching with the NX-30 would be the Focal K2 6.5's. The IDQ 6's are really meant to be played from 40hz-300hz. They really start to roll off after 300hz. The IDQ 5 is the mid range and a sweet sounding one at that. I would either ditch the IDQ 6's and get some CXS mids or other mids that will play mid range well, or ditch the tweets and look into getting some horns.

Speaking from personal experience, the IDQ-6 is not good for midrange which is why Image Dynamics had them packaged in horn component sets since horns will play much lower than your typical tweet. The IDQ series except the IDQ 5 are subs but just happen to excel at midbass. Some of you may remember the original Kicker Comp series, same story (subs that played excellent mid bass) You will have a gap in the sound along with a lower than ideal stage if you try to match the IDQ-6 with your NX-30 tweets. They simply will not play midrange frequencies well at all IMO, which is why they made the CXS series. I learned that the hard way. The CXS is the perfect mate for the NX-30 tweet. Another good contender for ideal matching with the NX-30 would be the Focal K2 6.5's. The IDQ 6's are really meant to be played from 40hz-300hz. They really start to roll off after 300hz. The IDQ 5 is the mid range and a sweet sounding one at that. I would either ditch the IDQ 6's and get some CXS mids or other mids that will play mid range well, or ditch the tweets and look into getting some horns.
yeah, all that you said has been running through my mind the pass few days. I've been thinking about getting some CX6's, but If i did, then i might as well go passive since ID uses that pair as a comp set and has perfect X/Os for them. So I am leaning more towards getting a pair of horns because i want to stay active. So once get those IDQ6"s, horns, and a processor, then everything would be perfect. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

if that doesnt' fall through, then i'll let you know about that trade.

-James

I REALLY really, highly doubt that. Matter of fact, I would NOT recommend it at all.

nG

I REALLY really, highly doubt that. Matter of fact, I would NOT recommend it at all.
nG
yeah, after thinking about it, i will not be going that route. So, it's either horns or CX6's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.