IDmax 15" not too loud

He switched from a fart cannon Audiobahn in a bandpass box, to a SQ sub like an IDQ in a small sealed box, and he's wondering why he lost so much output? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

IMHO he's just expecting too much from the sub. It's not an SPL woofer, and having high amounts of output is far from what it was designed to do. It was designed to be a small box SQ woofer.

You could try going ported if you wanted more output.

For all the people saying that the box is too small......take a look @ ID's webpage. 1.55cuft is the largest recommended sealed enclosure for an IDQ15.

That is a good sub. ID web site says 1.35cuft sealed, the driver is 0.15cuft so you need at least 1.5cuft. I would go with a ported box for that sub though. Their ported specs are 2.28cuft with a 4"x15" port.

It will be loud with this box and the SQ will be great. If it still isn't as loud, so what, it sounds 100x better!

Brian

True this is the 1st real SQ sub I have heard and its great. Its a real warm sound not all over the place. We knew it would be a drop in sound, just didn't realize that much would be lost.If hes not happy with it I'm gonna see if he wants to sell it

IDQ's dont make for a great single sub setup unless you are strictly into SQ (in which case they are great). Most people seem to want more bass heavy music than that setup would allow, in which case a pair of IDQ's would be a better choice (or a single IDv3 or IDMax).

They DID make a 15'' IDMAX at one point in time. Even if it is an IDQ, it must not be hooked up or it is already blown or some along those lines because if it isnt anywhere near the "loudness" of an audiobahn sub in a bandpass box there is something really wrong
proto type maybe out to the general public no

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.