ID NX30 or CDT DRT25

Jeremy M
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Moxee, Wa
Looking for 2 sets of tweets. I've read good stuff about the NX30's but was recommended the DRT25's.

I'm going to use these to match up with some ID OEMs and well...the NX30's go for $109 right now and the DRT25's go for $139.99. Please help me.

^ I agree with the CDT's being a bit harsh . Ive owned a few CDT sets in which 2 of them had the DRT tweets , one set was silk , the other titaniums . Both were hard to tame on the upper end even with much EQing. The titanium was slightly artificial sounding and the silk was a bit too aggresive for my tastes even though it was a silk bodied tweet.

i used to run momo set of comps, some of the best sounding and smoothest tweets and mids i ever heard. I run cdt now with the tw-25 tweet. This set gets louder but the momo's sounded much better and had more midbass and a more natural sound to them

Hey man. Trust me go with the IDs. I've never even heard the IDs but from my experience with the ID OEMs, I think I'd be willing to shell out $100 or so to try something else. I've actually gotten to a point where I'm "okay" with the CDTs, but they leave me wanting. I'm not sure I'm going to find the sound I'm looking for with the Rainbows I have either, but I'm going to try them soon and find out. Good luck!

P.S. Look at my sig for reference....

well after all the people recommending the ID's i went ahead and got them while they were on sale....2 sets. I hope they're not too harsh.

I've used both.. I like DRT-25 in stock position (if by the feet) by the mid and NX-30 in a-pillar or in front of you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.