ICON vs Havoc

SMS
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
Looking for a winter project so i wanna play around with 15" on 1500w. probably make a few boxes for SPL . so regardless of price what sub would be better in a 3.7 cube box tuned mid 40s. Im just going for #s on the meter for this build.

thanks for any input to help output

I was talkin to a guy from SSA and he said on 1500 the XCON would do better on the meter than the ICON, you think that with the power i have theres truth to that or he just trying to sell the more evspensive model

If you're looking for a sub that will do good on the meter for like a burp setup I wouldn't really consider SSA unless you are looking at the zcons. They were designed for heavy low end daily beating, not burping in high tuning boxes.

okay, so what do u think would suit me?

I have a 12" sig from jon that i use for daily, maybe ill just work with that for now. ill probably do both just for fun and see what one does better.

okay, so what do u think would suit me?I have a 12" sig from jon that i use for daily, maybe ill just work with that for now. ill probably do both just for fun and see what one does better.
Jon could make you a stiffer sub that would be better for burping. The ssa lineup just really isn't meant for that

Jon could make you a stiffer sub that would be better for burping. The ssa lineup just really isn't meant for that
We have guys competiting with the Icon's and a few with Xcon's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

nearly identical subs, you won't see much difference on the meter.
Not really identical. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Wanted to run a icon 18 for ages in comparison to my old 18 havoc. can't seem to pull the funds together and there is never any used. Loved my havoc though

We have guys competiting with the Icon's and a few with Xcon's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yeah but if you take into account what the subs were designed for in the first place they aren't really the go-to burp sub lol. Not saying it won't work but there are different subs out there that are better made for the job

Yeah but if you take into account what the subs were designed for in the first place they aren't really the go-to burp sub lol. Not saying it won't work but there are different subs out there that are better made for the job
Yes, the Xcon and smaller were not initially meant for SPL competition, but they are being used by plenty. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I was talkin to a guy from SSA and he said on 1500 the XCON would do better on the meter than the ICON, you think that with the power i have theres truth to that or he just trying to sell the more evspensive model

I would say the Xcon and the havoc would be more comparable than with the icon.

The 10" icon and 10" Chaos have nearly identical specs. As for the icon to havoc, i would place the 12" icon in between the chaos and havoc in terms of sq, not sure on output though. Does that sound about right @denim? Correct me if im wrong, ive always had curiosities between the 2 brands/lines.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SMS

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
SMS
MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date