Ia...

Box requirements would suck as well
I feel like pushing a woofer like that efficiently, you'd be pushing the limits of traditional motors, so they'd have to use neo motors, and that's stupid expensive. I just don't see a product market for a woofer like this.

you heard them talking about it....or is this a question to see if we have?
On their Facebook page they asked if anyone would be interested in something bigger than a 21" like a 24" or bigger

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

I feel like pushing a woofer like that efficiently, you'd be pushing the limits of traditional motors, so they'd have to use neo motors, and that's stupid expensive. I just don't see a product market for a woofer like this.
I don't see a market for it either. But I also didn't see a market for a 21" and that seemed to do well

On their Facebook page they asked if anyone would be interested in something bigger than a 21" like a 24" or bigger 

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

I don't see a market for it either. But I also didn't see a market for a 21" and that seemed to do well
I have seen people use 21" drivers maybe 5 times total.

ive never seen anyone use a 21 in person ever... I feel like you would be so much better off with 2 smaller drivers
You would, you can get more cone area in less air space using smaller driver, that's why 4 18's is nice, but I'd rather have 8 10's

There is a fairly large market for 21" PA speakers for outdoor concerts and whatever, so the parts already existed just had to build a motor that will perform in cars. 24" on the other hand as far as i know doesn't exist outside the dumbass jackhammer, then you have the giant clarion 32" and that was a colossal fail.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dtrom

10+ year member
MAF
Dtrom
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from