IA 10.1 staying on

Participant count
  • Participant list

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey guys,

I have an IA 10.1 that seems to have an issue. We had it in my wife's suv and it worked great but we had to replace 2 batteries. I didn't think much of it because she always left lights on etc. Well I hooked it up in my truck and the next day my battery was dead. Turns out, the amp stays on when the truck is off. I disconnected the remote wire and it was still on. I had to disconnect the power wire for it to turn off. Is this a simple fix? Should I send it for repair? Can I repair it myself (no experience here)?

Start the car so all amps are on. Unplug the remote wire from the amp. See if it stays on. If it does. Its broken internally.

if it turns off the moment you take out the remote wire. Leave the remote wire out. Take a paperclip and short the pos of the amp to the remote. Wait a few seconds. It should turn on. Then take away the paper clip. If it stays on. Then its the amp.

Twofold way to test.

If you find out its not the amp and both of those ways turn the amp on and off properly then your headunit remote out has issues. Easy fix is a relay, relay constant would go to amp or batttery (+) (-) and relay turn on would go to the cars accessory wire.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Clifff150

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Clifff150
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date