I want to create a tech tip database

Participant count
  • Participant list

MisterE
10+ year member

pimp your own **** ride.
So here's what I want to do, if you've got any ideas on what programs to use or how to go about this best, let me know

I want to make a searchable database of technical tips on cars, that is also very easy to add tips into. So basically if I work on a oh'10 VW Passat CC for an amp and sub, and I find an amp turn on wire in the trunk right next to the subs, I can go to the computer and with some drop down boxes put in VW: Passat CC: 2010: Amp/Sub and type in the info and that info will be organized into a PDF or some other sort of database that I can look in later on.

I'd prefer a PDF or something of the sort so while looking for tips on an oh'10 CC, I can also browse the '08s and '09s without having to use drop down boxes.

Any ideas the best way to go about this? Excel? Access? Don't have too much experience with either really. The drop down boxes don't seem too hard (could probably use HTML) but not sure how to organize the information after. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.