I want to add tweeters.

t-scene
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have replaced my speakers in their stock location. But I still don't have enough highs and don't really want to change my speakers since they are new. I'm running everything off my head unit right now but I'm gonna be powering them with a 4 channel amp when I get my power ran. Question is how can I power add on tweeters? Could I run them off the head units amp?

I was looking at these DDT1 | DD Audio

PUNCH Speakers - P1T-S - Rockford Fosgate®

You need a xover for the tweets. Those dd1 tweets are that good by the way entry level junk. Also how much power are you gonna run to the frt Mids and tweets. I may have a set with tweeter xovers for sale

You should get some components and an adapter to replace those 4x6 speakers. But I have a set of cdt Es 010 tweets and some fosgate xovers I'd sell you all you do is. Connect the xovers from the wires to the 4x6 speakers and then to the tweets. These tweets will take alot more power than 45 watts rms too. But they'll sound good at that wattage too

Do you know of a decently priced 4inch comp. set? If I just ran a crossover with my coax would the tweeter still sound ok on them.

Coax in door locations are poor in general for highs. Your best bet is to not add tweeters but relocate your tweeters to a proper location. You'll want a midbass to go along with a 4" comp set. I vote getting a used comp set, like posted above.

adding tweeters will do nothing to make your mids/highs louder. Most people seem to have no idea how much sound actually comes out of a tweeter.

Get some decent comps off amp power and you should be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.