I want a dome light.

jmanpc
5,000+ posts

CA.com Nostalgist.
Ok, so my 07 Focus ZX4 SE doesn't have a dome light and it's driving me up the wall. All it's got is the map lights up front, leaving the back in the dark when I need to find something back there. So far, I've owned my car a little over a month and it's been a common problem.

So, for a dome light, I assume I'd have to drop the headliner, cut a hole in it, mount a light, and run 12v constant, switched and ground, correct (I'd probably just splice into the map lights up front)?

What model car could I get a dome light out of that would match my gray interior? I assume one out of another Ford (Like a Taurus or Fusion) would have a similar color. Do any Foci come with dome lights? I'll probably just go to the Pick-N-Pull and snag a light on the cheap.

Something like this

go for it. ive thought about doing this to my focus but never really cared hard enough to actually do it. put some LEDS in it!

I have a dark grey dome light that I took out of my 04 Mustang when I wrecked it, it has 2 map lights and the standard light and a set of white bulbs plus a set of blue led bulbs.

you want a pic?

get the taplight yo
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

I was gonna say that. Put that fake bling on it and tell the ladies it's a custom 20k dollar domelight. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.