I think i just effed something up.

Participant count
  • Participant list

digitalrainman
10+ year member

here
Ok so today i was going to just get the power wire run to my amp and i got the wire through the front panel to my battery and run to the amp, but i never hooked it up yet. I disconnected my existing amp and just left the new run wire laying there, but i also disconnected it from the battery end.

So essentially all i did was disconnect my old amps + line and left the remote turn on and ground hooked up.

My issue is that my car will not start now, lights come on and it seems fine, but when i make the final turn to start the engine it just clicks and turns all electrical off, and flashes the headlights 3 times.

There is one thing that i am very worried about and that is when i was using a coathanger to twist around the power line to pull it throught the rubber whatever in the front i noticed one wire that got pulled with it from the bundle that is there, i dont believe that this wire got caught but it may be the issue.

Mainly im wondering from u guys, will having a disconnected amp with the remote turn on and ground still up cause a short and possibly no starting car?

if a wire got pulled why didn't you put it back?

look in your cars manual to see what it says about getting the 3 blinks. it might send you to the source of the problem.

I did push it back, i had a little loop that came with the amp power wire, and i pushed it back, but i am just worried about maybe breaking a wire along the way that may have stayed before the wire came through.

I just figured it out, im such a noob i did this last time. It was a bad ground connection when i reconnected the battery. It was on semi tight but when i tried to tighten a little more it went about 3 more revolutions. I did this last time i mess with my amp, and also i should have known when the 1 time it did start it revved, died a little, then went up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.