I never want to hear bass again...

SamIam71

Senior VIP Member
coming through my Alpine SPS-410's.

What would be the proper capacitor to block bass to these speakers. 4" Alpine coaxials. I am running 4 of them, 2 front,2 rear off the head, an Alpine CDE-147BT, then on an amp 2 SPS-610C'c in the doors and 2 SPR-610C's in the back.

The head has a crossover that only allows me to distinguish front and rear, so I can't isolate the 4 4's, meaning I have to set the crossover to work for the 6 1/2's. I have tinkered and tuned and all and all it sounds pretty good, but I have to block some bass off of thee 4 inchers running at near full range. I am thinking a 400-600HZ??? Maybe?? I have plenty low mids from the 6's and a total of 8 tweets. Also, why is a 15 cent capacitor 2 for 10 dollars when an audio co. puts their name on it? Never mind that, unless you know of a good electrical supply house that sales them cheap. Thanks as always gentleman.

title tricked me I feel.....
deceived.jpg

Got enough speakers? lol
I was thinking the same thing after sitting in it wide open for 15 minutes dialing in EQ and crossover. Fricken loud, but I have a Soundstream TA1.2000D and empty boxes with two Sundown SA12's on the way. I hope to have enough speakers to get up over, or at least keep up with them.

If you're wanting to high-pass at 400Hz, use a 100mF capacitor, for 600Hz, use a 75mF cap. That's assuming this is for a four ohm load. Cheapest place I would think would be Radio Shack. Shouldn't cost you more than a dollar or so.

BTW, the "m" is for micro, not milli.

I ended up putting Stinger 0-600 HZ bass-blockers on all 4 of these 4" Alpines (SPS-410), and they sound much better than full range. I have 4 6 1/2" components with 4 tweeters (Alpine SPC-610C), but I still think I need something to cover frequencies between the 6.5's and the subs. Maybe a couple 8' midrange drivers? I looked at some Sundowns, and they nice. Any other good mid-drivers that can bridge the gap between 6.5's and subs out there?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.