I Need A Dual Sub Enclosure 4 A 08 Crew Cab Silverado

Something like this perhaps:

0005.jpg

0012.jpg

0003.jpg

0021.jpg

Phil

Woodlawn Cabinetry

will that box fit the new body style silverado? if it does then thats exactly what i am loooking for
Here are the overall dimensions of that enclosure, use these to check them for what your area is under the seats.

If there are any differences, make note of what they are and I can change the design to fit what your measurements/differences are.

BoxMeasurements-1.jpg

How much does that box cost?
That enclosure shown in the pictures cost is $ 225.00 without shipping.

Also, keep in mind that the enclosure as shown was built for 2- JL Audio 10w3V2 subwoofers with a shallower mounting depth and the subwoofers are recessed so when the seat is down, the bottom of the seat is right on top of that enclosure.

You stated that you needed a mounting depth of 7" and that would be possible with the enclosure with the subwoofer mounted on baffle in a normal manner, but, with the seat down would touch the subs.

In order to gain the clearance needed, you would have to raise the seats or don't raise the seat, go with different subwoofers that would fit per the enclosure already designed and modified for the subs.

Now, just to show you a different take on the same type of truck, similar enclosure design modified for a Fi Audio Q 12 ported.

The dimensions for this enclosure are identical except for the front, back heights and the depth which are greater than the other enclosure. The customer had to raise his seat 2", but he knew that would have to be done in order to fit the enclosure for what he wanted.

V1-aPerspectiveViewDetails.jpg

Pic's of the finished enclosure:

0069.jpg

0070.jpg

0071.jpg

Well, he could certainly build the box himself and save money.

Just don't use my dims or spec's because if ya do the box won't be identical.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Now, just to show you a different take on the same type of truck, similar enclosure design modified for a Fi Audio Q 12 ported.
The dimensions for this enclosure are identical except for the front, back heights and the depth which are greater than the other enclosure. The customer had to raise his seat 2", but he knew that would have to be done in order to fit the enclosure for what he wanted.

V1-aPerspectiveViewDetails.jpg

0071.jpg
How did the Fi Q 12 sound?

I wanted to use the same setup in my Silverado, except didn't believe I had enough space.

How did the Fi Q 12 sound?
I wanted to use the same setup in my Silverado, except didn't believe I had enough space.
I myself personally did not hear this setup, how could I when the customer is in Tennessee.

All I can do is refer you to the comments he's posted on Fi Audio's Forum.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12054&hl=

That one of the issue's with the Silverado is no so much having the room in terms of volume depending on the subs and type of enclosure, but, having room for subwoofer to fit within the design of it.

If ya stay with the stock/original seat locations, then the diagram I provided is all the room there is under the seats, however and I have aid this many times in the past that even though from model yr to model yr the area in under the seats may or may not be the same.

That is why I provided the diagram so the dimensions from that allow the person to verify/measure their vehicle and if any changes need to occur I can simply modify the design to fit.

have you by chance built boxes for a 98 silverado ext cab //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.