I need a 6.5 component set for under $100 online?

Originally posted by smokeoff Is it strong in the mid-bass, because that is what I am looking for and at $95 bucks that is cheap.
No, sorry - midbass is definitely not a strong point of the Reference speakers.

What kind of power are you working with?

~HH

Originally posted by smokeoff Is it strong in the mid-bass, because that is what I am looking for and at $95 bucks that is cheap.
The guy said under 100 bucks ... as far as the mid bass... its really personal taste, youll have to listen to them then decide..

Originally posted by hihoslva No, sorry - midbass is definitely not a strong point of the Reference speakers.

What kind of power are you working with?

~HH

Don't have an amp yet. I will try to match the upper number on the RMS rating. Have like $400 to spend on comps and amp.

Originally posted by TheGrimReaperKD Yeah uh...why the dire need for midbass...when you have subs??
Not a NEED a WANT. It is just a little lacking. Good highs, good bass, it's just the mid region that is lacking a little. And if their were no need for mid bass everyone would be driving around with sub and tweeters and nothing else.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Any suggestions

Originally posted by Gauntlet If you have $400 to spend on the comps and the amp for them:

CDT CL-61a - http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/CDT_Audio_Components.html

US Acoustics 2080 - http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/us_acoustics.html

The total will be $232.98, with free shipping, leaving you $$ left over for wires, kick panels, or whatever.

Have not been able to find kick panels for my car. 1997 ford taurus. Is their like a universal 1 or do they make them for my car and I just cant find them

Ok i just found some universal kick panels on the zeb, but how well will they fit and how do you install them? they also say they only hold up to a 6.25", any way to fit a 6.5" in their.

I'm not a big fan of pre-fab kick panels...they are made out of plastic and aren't as durable as fiberglass ones...and you can't aim the speaker where you want in order to get the best imaging...which is basically the purpose of kick panels....

Check around some local shops, you should be able to get them made for around 200-250...or you can make them yourself, it's not as hard as you think....check the Fiberglass Links Sticky for some tutorials....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.