i just can't get rid of stupid whine

kdoggx2o00
10+ year member

I've tried everything to get rid of the alternator whine in my car. I have a s2000 with a pioneer deh-p7000bt head unit. The alternator whine is only coming through the rear speakers WHEN both my front and rear rca's are connected to the back of the head unit. If I have only the rear rca's connected, there is no whine. Only the front, then there is no whine. But with both, the whine comes out only the rear speakers. I tried switching the rca's, but with no luck. The rca's and power wire are on opposite sides of the car. I tried that speaker wire trick on the back of the rca's , and no luck there either.

Any ideas?

I would just try an isolator.

...but I'm also a lazy bum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i did ground the rca's but nothing changed... it mightve went down a little but that just might be in my head. is there a specific pattern to grounding them with the wire? i just wrapped it around the way the OP posted in that thrread

could you elaborate on that? you wrapped wire around the actual rca instead of the inputs?
either way works, you just need to make sure there is a good connection between the outer part of the RCA (not the pin), and the case of the headunit.

great..im gonna go try that now, maybe i had the wire pushed too far back around the inputs so the connection was poor.

also..i grounded the rca's separately...meaning the front pair was grounded to one screw, and the rear pair grounded to a different one..does this matter?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.