I have to agree... EDEAD SUX...

Ive installed Raamat, dynamat extreme, edead, and second skin...why is it that the only one that i have problems with is the edead...
im not a ****in retard, and it seems your calling me one because it sure as **** aint sticking for me...so stfu pu$$y //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif
haha cute... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

like I said,

edead may not be as sticky as the others, but its sticky enough if you install it right.

Facts

1. Asphalt mats are temperature dependent

2. Asphalt mats will liquefy and solidify 10 times if the temperature changes above or below the softening point 10 times

3. Using heat to install will help it stick better (at first) because the heat is liquefying (melting) the asphalt which makes it stickier

4. Heat does not cure asphalt, it only melts it which helps it tact up for initial install.

5. No matter how much heat you use when installing it, once the mat reaches its softening temperature again, after cooling it will re liquefy and can fail

6. Cleaning the surface will help but even an ideal surface will have asphalt mats fail.

7. Asphalt mats are inconsistent in temperature ratings and can not be predictable some have higher heat ratings than others (bad batch syndrome)

8. The highest temperature the best asphalt mat can withstand is 230

9. The average asphalt mat will soften at 150 degrees and will melt at 180

10. Any constraint layer damper that comes in a roll was made at a roofing company and was never ever designed to be in a car regardless of what the company that sells it says. if it is in a roll it belongs on a roof, not in a car

11. the auto industry no longer uses asphalt mats in high heat areas of cars, and in most cases most auto manufacturers abandoned asphalt mats all together.

ANT

DAM .... now that is why I am going with Second Skin
Hoover_Dam4.jpg

I never thought that ^^ could sway someone to go with second skin? New logo ANT?

edead has a lower heat tolerance than Second skin i had a problem with mine falling off as well so i used SS on and haning surfaces and edead on my floors and places where gravity wont pull it down. also i beleive ed recomends only 1 layer if any thick on trunk lids and such

how does this stuff compare to dynamat extreme?I got 100 sqft of dynamat extreme for free from a friend.... I'm gonna use that but I want to know how it compares.
Dynamat extreme is thick. I'll give it that.

Dynamat extreme is not as sticky as other products.. such as raammat 60 bxt

Dynamat has a really thick foil backing which makes it extremely hard to mold onto surfaces that are not flat.

Dynamat extreme is really rough on the fingers the foil backing is SHARP.

if you have 100sq ft for FREE use it just make sure you properly prepare every surface and use a heat gun and really press the dynamat good.

Oh the irony.......

Anyways....you shouldn't slam someone when you don't know whether or not they've installed it correctly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I see no reason to assume that he used it incorrectly.

hey... if im retarded and can get peel and seal to stick... this guy must

have just gotten a lobotomy...

Ive installed eDead on my doors and all of my trunk, I took the time, I used a heat source, I cleaned the surface, all is well.

Then one day I was rushed and bored and had some left over so I basically just wiped the trunk lid, and stuck the edead on there, I didnt apply a whole lot of pressure, and it was a shitty job. This was back in early December...about a week ago it fell off. So it went through winter in WA, and then the change to spring, went 5months+ with probably one of the shittiest installs of edead.

Not trying to support eDead, nor bash SS, just giving my primary account and two cents.

Good luck with whatever you use.

i don't think i could peel my v1se off if i wanted to........i heated it up very well with a heat gun and sticks very well. no complaints.

Dynamat extreme is thick. I'll give it that.
1.7 mm thick with 4 mil foil

Dynamat extreme is not as sticky as other products.. such as raammat 60 bxt
Stickiness has little to do with how well it will adhere or how well it will last. heat up duct tape and it will be stickier than any mat out there on the market, but watch it fall off within weeks. The more accuarte rating is the bond strength, which Dynamat extreme will beat due to the awesome formula they use and the extra strength of the thick foil.

Dynamat has a really thick foil backing which makes it extremely hard to mold onto surfaces that are not flat.
The foil ads regidity and weight which lowers the resonating frequency of the panel, thus helping reduce vibrations even further (mass loader and constraint layer tag team effect. it will also reflect and absorb more heat than the 1mil foil most rolled dampers have.

Dynamat extreme is really rough on the fingers the foil backing is SHARP.
Very true!

ANT

yeah i think back in march my edead v1se started falling off of my trunk lid one day when i opened it. i still have pieces of it hanging down. i have the stuff i pulled off laying trashed up in my trunk. i have like 2 more rolls left. but i need new subs cuz i think i blew my l7's for good. and it left that tar stain on my trunk lid too. *shakes fist*

my edead stuck but its on my floor because i did the easy spots in dynamat extreme..... it takes 2 layers to get the ping sounds out of the metal with the cheaper edead

haha cute... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.giflike I said,

edead may not be as sticky as the others, but its sticky enough if you install it right.
I dont think you realise how crappy this stuff really is...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.