I have a dilemma, i want a pair of RE10's but...

Participant count
  • Participant list

S0CalS0L
10+ year member

I've been looking for a pair of 10's to replace my polk subs. The RE10's seemed like the best choice, not to mention how good of a deal they are and how many great things i've read about the RE8. Anyways i was planning on getting 2 RE10's but i'm not sure if my current amp will work with it. Since it's dual 4 ohm, 2 re10's can only be wired at 1 or 4 ohm. The amp i have right now is an Alpine MRD-M300 mono channal. It's 300wx1 rms at 2 ohms and 150wx1rms at 4ohms. 150w divided between the 2 RE10's is only 75w to each sub. I'm not sure if the amp is 1 ohm stable, even if it was it would probably be giving the subs to much power. I was also thinking about getting a single SE10 but with only 300w going to the sub, wouldn't that be underpowering it way to much? I'd really like to keep this amp, because it's a great amp and it's pretty new, alittle over a month old. What are some alternatives to the 2 RE10's?

here are my current subs: Polk Audio GNX104

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.