i have a design but goin wit Kerfed port, how much more length?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hoppinlowrider
10+ year member

Chicago
So i have this design i copied from a thread around here, props to whoever made it, but i wanted to go wit a kerfed port, building it tomorrow.

Already cut the front baffle/port, I went with 10 cuts 1/2" apart.

But how much length should I add to the port so the tuning stays roughly the same?

design:

bjsfiq12.png

BTW thanks to whoever is kind enuf to help out

It wouldnt make a big difference but adding about 2-3 inches will make up for it, but will also mess with your airspace ontop of the kerf doing so...so I would go with 3 inches added on

draw it out on the base board then take a long piece of string or speaker wire and lay it down on the drawing then measure the string or whatever with your tape measure.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

or just draw your 32.75 line over then 10 back, take the tape measure starting at the right, turn it sideways, pull tape down then bend the tape measure at the port to meet with the 10 inch line you drew and bring it all the way down and see what you get

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.