I had an idea today..

Gearstix
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Would it be possible, for me to use RCAs to connect my headunit to the wiring harness? Then say if I wanted to run the deck outside the car (at a comp or something)I could make up an extension to go between the headunit and the wiring harness, and run it out of the door or whatever...?

Then if I wanna just use it normally, keep the extension in the glove box or whatever?

I know its an extra connection and stuff..

Well.. any better ideas?
yeah...NOT think about your idea anymore lol. you'd be better off just getting a bunch of 14ga or so wire and another harness that goes into the back of your deck and tapping into the harness in your dash, or if you have rear batteries just tying into those when youre running through the lanes and dont need to use your speakers, just subs.

yeah...NOT think about your idea anymore lol. you'd be better off just getting a bunch of 14ga or so wire and another harness that goes into the back of your deck and tapping into the harness in your dash, or if you have rear batteries just tying into those when youre running through the lanes and dont need to use your speakers, just subs.
Yeah I guess.. lol.

I could use banana plugs could I not?

i know right?!?! maybe his headunit has problems with skipping though and has to actually use it outside of the vehicle though lol
I don't even have it installed yet. Might do that tommorow..

I was just bored today and thought this up...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Buy another cheap deck, add some switches and an LC1 and your good to go for controlling your stereo outside the vehicle.

n736091717_1540833_1510.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.