I got a blown 12W6v2 i would like to fix

Hoppinlowrider
10+ year member

Chicago
I got this JL Audio 12W6v2 for free and I would really like to fix it. I know its blown i dont know exactly wats wrong but if you push down on the cone it squeeks and is stiff. I know there is recone kits for it. If anyone can get me one for cheap let me know please. Thanks

Jl charges a fortune for the recone. By the time you factor in shipping and their charge, you could have purchased another sub from an unauthorized reseller for cheaper.

My suggestion, look for alternative uses for your blown sub. Got a boat? Need an anchor? Door stop perhaps?

Jl charges a fortune for the recone. By the time you factor in shipping and their charge, you could have purchased another sub from an unauthorized reseller for cheaper.
My suggestion, look for alternative uses for your blown sub. Got a boat? Need an anchor? Door stop perhaps?

or just a big ****in magnet to play with...

i got my old 12w6v2 fixed when i sent it off threw tweeter for $175, $50 to sent it off and $125 for the suspension and foam fix. Not bad for a $400 sub IMO
ONCE again speaking from someone who actually GOT A REPAIR DONE from JL trust me its not that expensive. Dont listen to them its notthat expensive for the fix

come on guy. lookin for cheaper here. i heard they dont do **** for you with out a reciept
they will fix it regardless of you having a reciept or not but they wont 4 free if you dont have a reciept or your out of warranty. please dont post hear say unless you know for a fact

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Hoppinlowrider

10+ year member
Hoppinlowrider
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from