i finally started something on my build. (pics)

haha audioholic i noticed it when i only uploaded the pics . oh alright explorer2 you don't have a link at all maybe to a thread title with that being topic at all do ya?
sorry, its been a long time since I've been on there. If I get a chance I will see what I can find.

haha true car lost but u do need decent weather. here it sux . can't work on it in my garage either cause to much sh*t or else id build it be done with it:(.
I build all the time in cold weather just be a man about it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Eh I can give you a hand with a box bro, if your waitin on the weather. I got a ton of **** done on my car today, mockin up the enclosure tommorow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Just checked it out miked i vote the round over square. looking real good though man keep it up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

hey if anyone is on that explorerforum.com and you do find like a pic or tutorial of the windsheild fluid box moved to mount another batt tray on driver side or something like that for a 1993 explorer. can you please post it in this thread i tried to register/go on the site and for some fcked up reason my computer will not let me:(. so if anyone can or does i would really appericate it:).

well guy's after much looking here is what i found.

Adding an Auxiliary Battery

Where in the heck did you find the room to mount a second battery?

I removed the stock windshield washer/coolant tank and cut the tank apart between the two separate compartments. I discarded the washer fluid tank and kept the coolant tank. I then mounted the coolant tank to the Explorers fuel tank vent, which has two round plastic caps on top of it. The coolant tank is now attached to the vent housing with a piece of perforated metal strapping.

With the coolant tank relocated, there is plenty of room for a second Optima battery. I mounted a steel battery tray to the inner fender using a block of wood as a spacer to hold the tray level. The wood is bolted to the metal ledge and the tray is attached to the wood block.

I replaced the stock washer fluid tank with the smallest tank I could find at a junkyard (I think it was out of an old Dodge). I mounted it next to the master cylinder, towards the fender.

The second battery is charged using a continuous duty solenoid as the isolation device. With the three position switch mounted on the dash I can charge both batteries, isolate the auxiliary battery, or jump start myself.

ricksbatt.jpg

Update: March 13th 2008

i went to the junk yard and got this really small windsheild washer fluid resvoir to conserve space , so that i can cut the windshield/coolant resvoir down the middle save the coolant one where it is but remount re-run tubes for windsheild washerfluid resvoir. I know it's tiny hahaha (Not what she said though;) haha ). but also i don't use the windsheild washer fluid that much anyways so not like i need alot of it. it came off of some smaller car i found in junk yard i don't even remember which one. Just gonna re route the windsheild washer fluid lines. I also got another passenger side door panel i fixed it was glueing it today also i will also paint the gray panel the same color as the car went and got a color of it. was working on driver side one today but the arm rest was so totaled i couldn't save it so 2morro back to the junk yard hopefully i can find it. (well onto pics 4 u guys).

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

Took off old arm rest because it was in pieces basically broke so like i said 2morro hopefully i'll find one at the junk yard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.