I can't believe this (i hate people like this)

kids...will be kids. Unfortunately i was one of those who used to like to showoff. I agree these kids are pretty much dumbasses, but don't act like you all weren't young at one point. The same goes for the guy in the article also

I live in a highly military populated neighborhood, so of course everyone on my block has at least a couple of 8's to 12's in their ride. We've just told everyone who lives on the block that you cant play your **** down the street after 10pm, and believe it or not it has worked well. Neighborhood action is way more civil and actuallly works than blanket ordinances.

Hell, my neighbors dont even complain when I break out the termlab and do 150+ db burps, some of them even show up at local SPL events to see me compete //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I feel it just varies from state to state, city to city, and population 500 people to, well you get my point. It has been an issue for years I remember one that was from that old douche bag that everyone hated on but that was a while back.

People just don't have common courtesy anymore, it's as simple as that. Just think how only the people who actually care about the hobby read online internet forums. We are just a spec on the whole "audiophile" spectrum. My point is, the people who drive by neighborhoods and disrupt everyone will never change unless some sort of enforcement is going on.

What they should do is just start being more harsh on the situation. If there is someone who regularly drives by being an ass hat then take his license plate, or any other valuable information and fine the **** out of him. Because the vast majority of this thread agrees with what the man says its just no one is thinking clearly enough to make a "reasonable" decision. We should not leave it up to the older people who sit around and have nothing else to do but bicker about the worlds problems.

I stand by the older guy and the forum members about it being a problem. But I will never keep quiet about them completely banning audio systems. Something does need to be done though, gives us a bad name.

You guys know this is old news right...unless you just read something current on it, but this guy has been goin at it for a while....he's got a website n ****, its pretty funny
richard wright? I think that's his name, if so then ur right, he has been doing this for awhile. And he himself is very ignorant of other ppl's opinion about things also

If you want to maintain a free country, then you have to be your own personal government. That means respecting the freedom of others, and not infringing on their rights. If you go through a neighborhood with your stereo at a volume level that will obviously get someone's attention, then you are infringing on their rights. Govern your own actions, or someone will find a way to govern your actions for you. So turn it down and you can freely hear your music, without disturbing others.

richard wright? I think that's his name, if so then ur right, he has been doing this for awhile. And he himself is very ignorant of other ppl's opinion about things also
yea he's definitely a d-bag. I wrote him an email once....not threatening or anything, just giving him a piece of mind, and he writes me back saying that I violated this article of blah blah blah, and he was going to report me to the police and press charges n ****...I was like ya, you go ahead and do that buddy...I bet I can afford a much better lawyer than you

honestly if its between 12pm-7pm is it really that big a deal that for a second or two you hear someones stereo? i mean my girlfriend lives about 5 miles from the airport and the planes are a heck of alot louder than 90 percent of car stereos in the neighborhood and i dont see southwest, continental, delta, etc. getting fines or bans for flying over houses......

yes common sense will tell you that late at night, or driving through a residential area you should turn it down.

i would completely support the law if it had a certain time of the day where you should turn it down, but i think we have bigger problems to worry about in society than some kid blowing off steam by installing and playing his stereo.

this seems like just another hobby that kids and young adults enjoy that they are trying to ban. growing up i got to play baseball at the local school yards all day long during the summer. because of a few choice retards that vandalized property you cant be anywhere in public anymore. my niece's and nephews arent aloud to play at the school yards, and the local play grounds have taken baseball fields off the property so they wouldnt risk local houses getting hit by balls.

where are kids supposed to go these days to be kids? what are they supposed to do to have fun?

It's always a couple jackasses that go and ruin the fun for everyone.

It's really not nearly as bad as people make it sound. I think they just need something to complain about.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.